Tuesday 7 September 2010

Words of wisdom from The Hundred Acre Wood

"Don't underestimate the value of Doing Nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can't hear, and not bothering."
- Piglet 

"Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day."
- Winnie The Pooh

"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes."
- Piglet

"If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear."
- Eeyore

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you." 
- Winnie The Pooh

“If there ever comes a day when we can't be together keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever”
- Winnie The Pooh

“It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?"”
- Winnie The Pooh

Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind. "Pooh," he whispered.
"Yes, Piglet?"
"Nothing," said Piglet, taking Pooh's paw, "I just wanted to be sure of you."


“You can't help respecting anybody who can spell TUESDAY, even if he doesn't spell it right; but spelling isn't everything. There are days when spelling Tuesday simply doesn't count.”
- Winnie The Pooh

“I used to believe in forever, but forever is too good to be true.”
- Winnie The Pooh

"I wonder what Piglet is doing," thought Pooh.
"I wish I were there to be doing it, too."

- Winnie the Pooh

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit.
"No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."


“The hardest part is what to leave behind, ... It's time to let go!”
- Winnie the Pooh

Rather apt, I'd say.

(partly via Happiness is...)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover