Monday 15 March 2010

Amazing choc-chip biscuits!

I made these on Saturday... they're sooo good :)

Here's an awesome very quick and easy recipe for some incredibly yummy biscuits!

Preheat oven to 180°C. Beat 125g butter with 150g soft brown sugar. Slowly mix in 1 beaten egg, then 50g cocoa powder, 175g (1½ cups) flour, ½ tsp vanilla essence, a pinch of salt and ½ tsp baking powder. Fold in 200g dark chocolate chips and place spoonfuls of the mixture 5cm apart on greased baking trays. Bake for 12 minutes, then cool.

Some tips:
I didn't have soft brown sugar at the time, so I used castor sugar instead - it doesn't make a huge difference although I think it is a bit better with the soft brown sugar (sometimes called treacle sugar).
These biscuits are very rich and I personally prefer them with slightly less chocolate. About 150g is good. I love dark chocolate, it makes a huge difference to the taste.
It makes roughly 2 large trays. They spread quite a lot so don't make them too large and give them enough space :)
Also, don't let it stay in any longer than 12 minutes, they'll get dry. They're supposed to be a bit soft on the inside.

Enjoy! 
And I'd love to hear what you think of it if you try it :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover